The Gabrielsen Seven

The Gabrielsen Seven

Sunday, July 6, 2014

4th of July, Grace's birthday, and Life in Dale City

 We feel bad unleashing this much beauty on another unsuspecting city.
 That's not helping,Charlie.
 Hanging out on our new deck before church last Sunday.
 Happy Grace. Now if she'd just let me pull out that tooth that's dangling by a thread...
 Best friends all ready for the 4th of July parade.
 He asked for a hair bow to match his sisters. I think he's getting a brother just in time!
 We got great parking, and an awesome spot at the parade.
 Alice would run up to us periodically, get all up in our faces and say, "I'm SUPER excited!"
 Grace loved it too.
 Charlie was low-key, which we liked. We were afraid he'd want to run out in the street, but he was content in his stroller the whole time.
 I was happy with the nice cool weather for the first 45 minutes. The last hour and 15 minutes got pretty hot!
 The parade was as intense as the heat!
 They threw TONS of candy. We filled a huge bowl when we got home.
 Shucking corn for our 4th of July cookout.
 Um, another picture of the kids on the deck last Sunday. I think Dad Gabe took this one.
 Okay, back to our 4th of July cookout. Charlie was in charge of holding the shucked corn.
 Paul manned the grill.
 Green chile cheeseburgers - yum!
 Popsicles on the deck for dessert.



 With no big fireworks show in the immediate vicinity, and Grace's birthday the next day, we decided to surprise the girls. We did the whole bedtime routine, put Charlie to bed, and were about to put the girls to bed when we revealed our plan to let them stay up with us, eat popcorn and candy, and watch Muppet Treasure Island. They were SUPER excited!
 Grace's birthday breakfast: chocolate chip pancakes and cantaloupe - her favorites!
 Panty head. Did I mention he's getting a brother just in time?
 Grace's new microscope from Dad Gabe. She loves it! And I'm so glad to have a husband who can teach her how to use it without having to read the entire manual.
 We got Grace a couple of kits full of science experiments/materials. She used one of Paul's old Sunday shirts as a lab coat, and Paul led them in some food coloring experiments.
 Corn starch + water = solid? or liquid? Both!
 I made cupcakes with frosting in the middle AND on top!
 Going back in time, pics from Dad Gabe. At the U-Haul place.
 After the truck was all loaded.
 Grace in her new skirt.
Okay, moving on to pics from my phone.  The gender reveal.
Charlie uses Selsun Blue for his cradle cap. It's really blue!
 Both girls chose Dad Gabe as their ancestor to draw in primary.

He was the first to notice that they see his beard as much browner than it really is.
 Playing with the masks at the ultrasound.
 New clothes from Grandma Lu.
 Okay, back in time again: Paul's iphone camera. Grace's early birthday dinner at Silver Diner. She got two sliders.
 The mirror on our bedroom ceiling. Super weird.
 Dinner at the Filipino restaurant in town. Paul loves pork BBQ.
 Charlie and Grace liked the lumpia.
 First pizza/movie night in our new basement. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.

 Too small for guests? I hope not!
 Planting out garden on Grace's birthday. We decided that since we're a little late in the season, and since we don't know what kind of pests we'll have, we would just start with 3 plants in one garden box.
 Paul spread some nice soil on the dirt after the girls picked out rocks.

 Grace planted beefsteak tomatoes.

 Green bell peppers.

 Big boy tomatoes. How fitting:)

 Blowing bubbles on the deck.




 Opening the microscope. Do you think she liked it?
 Happy 7th!
I think her birthday was everything she wished for!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Grace is 7! Where did the time go? I LOLed at the pic of your ceiling mirror. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete