The Gabrielsen Seven

The Gabrielsen Seven

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Alice's First Week of Preschool and Family Camping Trip

 Monday was Alice's first day of preschool. We are rotating with 3 other moms/kids. She had her usual breakfast of cold cereal, but with a special drink: hot cocoa!
 Then she got all ready, complete with a fuzzy pink backpack (with diapers and wet wipes in it - not potty trained).
 So excited!
 What a pretty and happy girl!
I had some alone time with Charlie while Alice was gone. Look at those eyes! He slept the whole time:)
 This is what I saw when I picked Alice up. She was talking a mile a minute telling me all about it!
 I took her and Charlie to McDonald's to celebrate. I just got cheap stuff, not a Happy Meal or anything, but some lady came by and gave Alice a toy and a packet of apples!
 It's starting to get cold. Sweater time!
 Tough guy.
Alice made that "Alice" paper on her second day of preschool.

 This is how Grace looks a lot of the time, always reading.
 ?
 At the bus stop in the morning.
 There she goes. She LOVES riding the bus.
 I took Charlie and Alice on a walk to a nearby playground.
 I love his face!
 We went to visit Paul at work one day.
 He showed us the new outdoor exhibit at the visitors center.
 On Friday, we left around 4:30 to go camping. We drove 5 minutes to Greenbelt Park, and found a great site. Charlie loved being outside!
 Paul set up our huge tent.
 And chopped some kindling.
 He taught Grace how to build a fire.
 Alice loved playing inside the tent. There's so much room!
 Waiting for dinner.
 Yum! Our hot dogs were delicious!
 Charlie loved his camping chair.
 And the fire!
 The next morning, it was a little chilly.
 What a cutie pie!
 Hot cocoa from the camp stove.
 Happy campers:)
 We found a fun 1.1-mile loop hiking trail.
 The girls were cute.
 So was the boy!
 But he didn't last long after a short night in the tent. What a fun trip!
 "Just looking through my spectacles."
Our little four eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment